Saturday, February 27, 2010

After sanding, priming, and painting a car, do I buff after or before applying clear-coat?

I have sanded a 1/18 scale die-cast car, I have primed it with 4 layers of primer, and spray painted it with 5 layers of paint.


Do I buff the car out to smoothen the surface after, or before applying clear-coat?


I want the surface to me smooth and shiny and to remove any rough spots; what would you recommend.


Thank you.After sanding, priming, and painting a car, do I buff after or before applying clear-coat?
wet sand it first...get a bottle of water and fine grit sand paper. and make sure it's wet and lightly wipe with the sand paper...then buff...then clear coat. and if u want u can buff after the clear coat just in case u get runs that are hard to seeAfter sanding, priming, and painting a car, do I buff after or before applying clear-coat?
Definitely before if using an electric buffer. The dealership put permanent swirl marks in our clear coat and had to repaint a brand new car because they didn't look at the owners manual, which said ';Do not use an electric buffer on any clear coat paint. Hand polish only';. Yes, it put us in a loner for awhile instead of the new car we just bought since they ';detailed'; it for us. But we all make mistakes. I just didn't want you to ruin your paint job, since we had already dealt with that problem. You have a lot of work in it.





That's a lot of primer and paint! Once you get clear coat on, sounds like it will be a sharp die cast. Good luck with your project.
lol you dont buff paint, I never heard of doing that. you buff the clear coat if you have orange peel.
before applying.
Buff after the clear coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment