Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spraying Base metallic and clear coat it looks wavy?

I sprayed a new fender with Dupont base metallic (Silver Birch Metallic) on a 2004 GMC Sierra I used Grey epoxy primer underneath and clear coat on top. it looks wavy like the metallic is not spreaded evenly how can I fix this problem the color looks right but it does not look very good? What is the trick to spraying the metallic and how can I fix this?Spraying Base metallic and clear coat it looks wavy?
I've done several metallic paint jobs at home. After I apply the first coat of base, I start looking for even application. It usually takes me more than one try to get it right. However since you applied the clear coat, the only way I know to fix it is to sand it off and start over again.Spraying Base metallic and clear coat it looks wavy?
After the clear has dries for a few days,hopefully in the sun,start by wet sanding thoroughly with 800 grit,Then spray out the silver base coat again.This time be sure it's thin enough to flow out without any texture or mottling.After it's been inspected for any uneven areas,spray the clearcoat. Use at least 10% reducer in it and spray at a relatively high pressure, moving fast and forcing it on to the surface in three coats,allowing it to tack between coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment