Saturday, February 27, 2010

What do I use to get off clear coat that was for porous surface not for on paint. 2000sq ft. stenciled floor?

Tried degreasers and hand wiping off, oil keeps coming backWhat do I use to get off clear coat that was for porous surface not for on paint. 2000sq ft. stenciled floor?
what are you talking about? clear coat, paint, or oil! I understand stencil on floor and topped with cear coat, try biz or jasco (at home depot) paint and varnish remover,but what kind of oil? cooking, motor? cooking oil you can probably blend with floor conditioner. motor oil, sand your best as you know how thick your wooden floor is right?and blend around it with stain. do not go over those spots or they may very well end up darker.What do I use to get off clear coat that was for porous surface not for on paint. 2000sq ft. stenciled floor?
Not sure I totally understand your question but if it is a wood floor, you will need to sand it. Before I did that, I would visit Lowe's or Home Depot (or local Hardware Stiore) and find out if they have any product that would work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment