Saturday, February 27, 2010

Iam staining my kit. cabinets how long do they need to dry B4 I can put on the clear coat?

I have noticed that even after they have dried over night they are still a little tacky. Is that ok or am I doing something wrong? How long should I wait before putting on the polyuethane finish( sorry if I misspelled it )Iam staining my kit. cabinets how long do they need to dry B4 I can put on the clear coat?
Try reading the directions on the back of the can of stain.Iam staining my kit. cabinets how long do they need to dry B4 I can put on the clear coat?
When you stain wood, you wipe the stain on and let it set for a few minutes to soak in. You then use a cloth to wipe off the excess and this should dry fully within 24 hours. If they're still tacky, you might have to use a cloth that's damp with mineral spirits to wipe off the excess. Then let it dry overnight before putting on the clear coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment