Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hand wax my car or have the clear coat restored?

My car is brilliant black and it has some scratches in the clear coat.I'd like to know what my best alternative is. In case I take it to the dealership, will they have to do some body work or apply a new layer of paint? I'm guessing that they won't apply paint the same way they do at the factory. Thank you!Hand wax my car or have the clear coat restored?
hi BeBe,im a 26 year experience auto detailer by trade.


most of the time,the finish in your paint can be restored very easily.depending on how bad the condition is,your paint can be hand waxed or polished out with a high speed buffer.repainting usually is unlikely unless the paint is cracking or deteriorating to the metal.find youself a good auto detailer in your area and make sure he is bonded,you can probably have your car done from 100.00 dollars to 200.00 dollars. good luckHand wax my car or have the clear coat restored?
Hand wax if the scratches are minor and can be seen from an angle. If it's more serious, bring it to a detail shop for a clay bar and machine buffering treatment. I assume the dealer will do one of these and just charge you more money.
You can wax it and most of the time that will hide any scratches unless they are threw the clearcoat. If you can find a teflon coating and have that applied that works great
Hey this is just an opinion,mind you , however ,Unless you ';Enjoy'; the workout you can get from wax-on waxoff ,


Your car's finish will last longer and with less ';Maintenance'; (resale value get the point) attention.


If your into that sort of thing anyway.


I say go with the redo of the clear coat ,but it is still up to you. (free will right ).


Via con Dios`
as long as it's the dealership you bought it from, they should be able to hook you up..
just hand wax it its so much cheaper and thats what your supossed to do any way to make the coat have a long life.
I would take it to a good detail shop. They can detail it for about $100 and make it look like new. Ask our friends and coworkers if they know of a good one.
Hand waxing should do the trick unless they are deep and through the clear coat. In my experience if you try to get it repainted or redone it just doesn't match the rest and you basicallly have to redo the whole paint job which is costly and annoying especially if like me your color is a paticualrly hard color to find but people keep dinging the doors *huff* that makes me mad.
both get the clear coat restored and you should have your car waxed at least once a month
  • my myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment