Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have a antique which has no clear coat left & has a black water stain.Can I remove it w/out affecting stain?

I need to remove the stain without affecting the finish if possible since


the piece has been dated from the late 1800's. I have a antique which has no clear coat left %26amp; has a black water stain.Can I remove it w/out affecting stain?
1 @m m@d @t y0u b3c@u$3 t41$ qu3$t!0n !$ !n t43 r0n6 $3ct!0nI have a antique which has no clear coat left %26amp; has a black water stain.Can I remove it w/out affecting stain?
Usually water stains are white in colour as they contain calcium or magnesium. However, if you still think it's a water stain and you don't want to affect the antique too much, then a equal parts vinegar and water mixture applied with a soft cloth should gently remove the stain. Hope that helps!
I think if you rub turpentine on it that should do the trick. Of course, this is the hockey section so I may not know what I'm talking about when it comes to antiques

No comments:

Post a Comment