Saturday, February 27, 2010

What is a safe way to get sap off my car without damaging the clear coat?

I bet WD-40 would work if you have can around..What is a safe way to get sap off my car without damaging the clear coat?
Try distilled vinegar and water. It always helped when I clean my car. If not try something from a auto store. Hope it helps.What is a safe way to get sap off my car without damaging the clear coat?
Bug and Tar remover. Apply fresh wax when done.
If its dried and hard on your car the surface might already be damaged... especially if in hot weather.





If your car is a late model try kerosene or if your careful laquer thinner will melt it right off.... but it will leave a dull mark which you can easily hand polish off with a clean cloth and a light cutting compound.





If its really bad you might need to clear the bulk of it off with a razor blade... no kidding! Put masking tape around the sharp corners of the blade and slice through the sap with the blade lying almost flat on the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment