Saturday, February 27, 2010

I need advice on clear coat lacquer prep please ?

I'm having vinyl graphics applied to my bike tank and the signwriter has advised that I should have it clear coated afterwards. Will I have to key the surface first, or will the clear coat take to the original paint ?


Also if I need to key the surface what should I use, and how much do I need to take off ?





How long will the graphics last if I don't bother ?I need advice on clear coat lacquer prep please ?
a scuff pad will workI need advice on clear coat lacquer prep please ?
it will need cleaned w/wax %26amp; grease remover and a good water based cleaner then water sanded with 1200 grit sandpaper before c/coat I would do this sanding before the decal is applied . check w/your local body shop before you do this to get ther opinion clearing over a decal needs to be done by a pro or you could cause lifting at the decal edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment