Saturday, February 27, 2010

Painting over small fractures in the clear coat?

I want to paint my car and there is small 1/4 inch fractures all over the clear coat of the car.. is it safe to just sand with 400 over them and while they are still visible primer them and paint over them? or will they come back to haunt me in the futurePainting over small fractures in the clear coat?
Go hardcore,get some Aircaft Stripper and take it down to the metal, then prep it and do it correctly,


If you paint over cracking clearcoat that junk is gonna keep on cracking regaurdless of how much sanding you do,, unless you take it to the metal. Then prep,primer and paint properley.Painting over small fractures in the clear coat?
yea man i wouldnt worry bout it...just sand it and check the fractures thoughroughly to make sure they are not there anymore...if they are give it another light sanding and it should b good
I hate clear coat paints,they don't last like the old enamels. If it were me I'd strip it,primer, and buy enamel paint,at least 3 coats.
check with the pros man

No comments:

Post a Comment